Friday, August 21, 2009

The Breakdown Begins


OK OK OK so as everybody knows by now i really suck at keeping up with my blog.(Actually nobody knows because I've never promoted my blog, because i know I'm infrequent with the updates) Its not my fault people, my intentions are good. Regardless a few months back i promised a detailed track by track breakdown of my CD The Prelude:This is Not A Mixtape. I'm glad to say that at long last it is here!!! The first breakdown WILL be posted tonight.
For Those of you not familiar with the project and too impatient to wait and collect it track by track, you can download the CD here:

The Prelude:This is Not A Mixtape

This project really meant a lot to me personally as well as my career, it was my first "official" release so to speak although i wouldn't DARE call it a debut hence the title "The Prelude"! I started out just wanted to prove to the world that i could spit! Then it grew into me wanting the world to see things how i see them so to speak.This project was kinda like a trailer for the main attraction. I feel that this gives people a great feel for me as an MC and leaves a lot of room for curiosity as i intentionally didn't include certain topics and song types. ( I Love when they tell me shit like i cant make music for the girls, not knowing whats sitting in the stash) Shout out to my man Analogy for doing everything that needed to be done to make this project a success as well as everybody who participated in the creation, and cultivation of this CD. I hope you enjoy and listen with an open mind, and check back for the track by track breakdown, there are some interesting stories behind these songs TRUST ME.


For the record, and I'm not taking any shots at anyone but this CD was released a year ago, and at the time i hadn't heard not 1 prelude, or any titles similar to my choosing. However since then I've seen several preludes and several mixtapes that "weren't mixtapes"! I'm far from egotistical enough to imply that these people are biting my shit, but i have absolutely no problem pointing out yet another example of me being a little ahead of the curve (time to get my shit out so the public can notice too)!

No comments: