Friday, August 21, 2009

The Prelude Track by Track Breakdown pt 1




I remember the first time i saw Blade Trinity, it was in the theater with my pops (pops loves that blade shit). As soon as the credits began to roll and this beat came on i was hooked, I remember saying "Yo i HAVE to find this beat or song ill loop it i dont care i need this" i began a search that resulted in nothing more than a whole lot of frustration...


Fast foward a few years, I'm working on The Prelude, i had a very very particular thing about the intro on this project. It had to feel like the beginning of something, it couldnt just be a song at the beginning of the cd. With that feeling in mind I was having a very difficult time finding a track i felt was appropriate for the task at hand. Long story short im getting aggy because i have absolutely no patience and i wanted the cd out yet I refused to release anything short of what i envisioned, im downloading beats one day and lo and behold what i see: "RZA-BLADE TRINITY" I couldnt believe my eyes, no way was it that easy! I downloaded the beat threw it on the ipod and stepped outside for a smoke, by the time i came back inside the entire first verse and first few bars of the second verse were complete. One more smoke break and the song was finished. Im pretty sure this was one of those times that i hit up analogy and booked a session as soon as i finished writing the song.

Funny thing about this track is i wrote it with the intention of having a singer do the hook (hence u hear me half singing a reference) but we couldnt get that to happen so i left it with my reference vocals on the hook.

No comments: